[AMRadio] Internet issues over Holiday weekend

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Wed Sep 5 19:32:48 EDT 2007

Geoff,

It WAS definitely "very" odd.  I'd say that the commonality incidence is
VERY high.

I'm sort of anal when it comes to networks.  I've too many years doing
that line of work.  I spent from 1989 until 2002 in the world of
Sysadmin, mail administrator/postmaster, and network "geek" for lack of
a better term.  I used to work with carriers, get dedicated digital
lines - X.25, HDLC, and others put in.  I set up an experimental network
under Govt auspices, on their premises.

That's why to this day I just go into auto mode when I see "things"
aren't right.

This was one of those times.

Ah yes, PIDs, named, bind, dns, (port 53<g>), sendmail.  Been there done
that - no stinkin' T-shirt!  AIX, BSD, SunOS, Solaris, Linux, HP-UX - in
ad nauseum!

I'm sure GLAD I do not watch twelve different screens all the time,
banging on a keyboard!

It is all well for the time being.  At least until the rodent passes gas
in the wrong place!

Bob - N0DGN