[AMRadio] Dual concentric pot needed

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Thu Sep 6 13:05:04 EDT 2007

> I'm looking for a dual, concentric (2 shafts) panel bushing mount
> potentiometer with 10k and 500k sections, preferably with a on/off switch
> on the rear.
>
> This is to replace the AF/RF-gain controls in a Multi-Elmac PMR-7
> receiver.
> Anyone have something that would do the job?
>
> Thanks...
>
> Steve WD8DAS

I assume the 500k pot is for the AF gain control.  You will need to make
sure that pot is logarithmic, or audio taper.  If it is linear taper, 95% of
the control of the volume will take place over about the first 20% of the
rotation, and the rest will have little noticeable effect.  This is because
the perception of loudness by the human ear is a logarithmic, not a linear,
function of the amplitude of the sound.

Don k4kyv