[AMRadio] Dual concentric pot needed

John Coleman jc at pctechref.com
Thu Sep 6 13:16:49 EDT 2007

That's a very good point Don, for any device that a human listens to.

	I wonder if you have any thoughts about building a speech amplifier
for a modulator, perhaps a linear pot for gain control might be better.
This is because if you want to have a little more modulation percentage you
can turn up the gain slightly but if the gain control is logarithmic then a
small amount of control adjustment at the last 75% of the controls range may
be pretty touchy.  I think some time we don't always consider the results.
And beware, that there are also pots that are reverse log where the majority
of the resistance in the first 25% of the control.

John, WA5BXO