[AMRadio] Hallicrafters SX-24

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Sat Sep 8 22:32:15 EDT 2007

Its got a 455 KHz IF so you can use various filters
in it if you want to experiment.
A kiwa 6 KHz filter would likely work REAL well.

Frequency resolution will be low, you will know you are listening
to 40 meters say, but not exactly where on 40 meters...

Although its only got a single ended output at 5 watts,
its likely to sound good anyway.

It should be quiet, but the gain might fall off badly above 20 meters.

I had an SX17 for years, and it was nice, worked well, with the above
considerations...

Brett
N2DTS