[AMRadio] Mena

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 12:30:55 EDT 2007

Jim Wilhite wrote:
> Mena report please?

I talked to Jim/K5'B'oat 'A'nchors 'I'ncorporated (aka: The Old Dog,
number 25, Dr. of Possumology) and Brian/WA5AM (among others) this
morning up on the Knuckledraggers frequency (3.897Mc) and the report has
been all positive, from what I've been able to gather, Jim.

Several 'Certificates of Possumology' were awarded up on the 'Mount-een'
over this past weekend.

According to Brian, Jim(Win)/W5WN had a little 'run-in' with the locals,
regarding 'selling in an unauthorized area'.

I'll let Brian/WA5AM tell the rest of the story.

But, as 'The Ol' Dog - number 25' puts it "it's a hamfest by hams -for-
hams.  You won't find any beady-eyed commercial vendors up on the
Mount-een, at Queen Willamena State Park, Mena, Arkansas."

Speaking of Hamfests, it's time to remind everyone that the Belton
Hamfest will be October 6th, in Belton, TX.

Official Hamfest information can be found at www.tarc.org.

Unofficially, -lots- of people start to gather on Friday in the parking
lot of the Bell County Expo Center (where the 'fest is held)

Just remember, as far as BAI/Jim's 'doctorate' degree... PHD means
"Piled Higher and Deeper"
(said with tongue planted FIRMLY in cheek ;->)

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR