[AMRadio] Mena

A.R.S. - WA5AM ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:51:52 EDT 2007

On 9/10/07, Geoff/W5OMR <ars.w5omr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jim Wilhite wrote:
> > Mena report please?

Sorry for the delay on this Jim (and where were you?).

The Mena hamfest was great, except for fog and rain.  Mostly Fog...

All I bought was a Heath GD-1B grid dip meter for $10, and a nice
military solid state sweep generator that covers 500kcs - 1200 mcs for
$60.  Both work great.

Lot's of fellowship, shooting bull, telling lies, stories,
philosophising.  Many of us also were issued out doctorate degrees of
Possumology by the "old dawg" K5BAI, the master.

Lots of food, including Possum chili, red beans and rice with
Armadillo sausage and all those associated delicacies ;)

A black bear with cubs was spotted by several, and I heard both the
cubs and the momma, but we already had enough meat for the chili and
red beans and rice, so I left them be.

Here are a few photos from the mountain (in the clouds and fog):
http://w5ami.net/mena/100_1850.jpg
http://w5ami.net/mena/100_1848.jpg
http://w5ami.net/mena/100_1847.jpg
http://w5ami.net/mena/100_1854.jpg

73
Brian/wa5am Phd - "Doctor of Possumology"