[AMRadio] Frequency Question

Ellen Rugowski ellenjoanne2003 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 12 11:42:27 EDT 2007

Hi Jim,

  It's kind of hard to do, with me living in an apartment.  I will check my antenna connection for weathering though.  Basically, I'm using the rain gutter (it's 125-150 feet long, and 3 stories up, facing east & west).  On 20 & above it performs pretty well (one of the reasons why I've been one of the posters on AM Fone for working 6 & 10m AM).  On 40 & lower - well it depends upon condx.  I've been thinking off and on about getting or building an amp (but if I build one, I'd need a ready made chassis, I don't have the tools or the place to be working with metal), so I can make up a bit, for my antenna deficit.  But, I have concerns about amp usage, earning me the "Worked All Neighbors" award for my apartment building.

  73,
  Ellen - AF9J

Jim Wilhite <w5jo at brightok.net> wrote:
  Ellen did you ever get the antenna up good so we can hear you down here
with the Scout?

Jim/W5JO