[AMRadio] Frequency Question

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:53:01 EDT 2007

Ellen Rugowski wrote:
> Thanks Geoff! :)
>
>   73,
>   Ellen - AF9J
>
>   P.S. - if my ankle isn't too sore (I twisted it last week), I hope to work on the VFO for the Scout tonight, so I can get away from the mess on 3885, and down around 3700, where I seem to have more luck.

We don't really seem to have much of a 'problem' here, in that regard.
I guess because we're more 's p r e a d - o u t' here in the Southland,
as opposed to everyone being 'allbuncheduptogether' in the north east.
There doesn't seem to be -that- many hams that densely populate the
so-called 'Window' around here.  But, I -have- driven in the North East,
and even worked some folks while mobile (Don/K4KYV noteably) while I was
traipsing across Canada, and got a chance to listen to 3.870 ~ 3.890...
back when K1MAN still had a 'legal' license, and was doing his broadcast
thing.  I can certainly see why the term 'ghetto' was coined, to
describe 3.870 ~ 3.890Mc.

I'm just glad we don't have that same problem here.  The northern Texas,
Oklahoma, Arkansas folk, for the most part, stay up on 3.890... South
Texans hang out on 3.880 and we all seem to get along.  The
Southeasterners (that are on AM) tend to gather around 3.885, and those
poor folks in Colorado operate wherever they can.  I can't hear 'em in
South Texas (at this time) but I'm sure it won't be long before KD0PD
and the rest of 'em come rolling in again into Texas in the early
morning hours, when winter-time conditions move this far south.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR