[AMRadio] Frequency Question

Larry WA9VRH wa9vrh at dishmail.net
Wed Sep 12 21:39:19 EDT 2007

Hi Ellen,

Guess I would think a screwdriver on the roof would be un-noticeable to most
but then your landlord has to deal with all the people. Tough spot you are
in. I remember when I bought my first house in Peoria. I put up my 40 foot
self supporting tower and didn't put antenna's on it. Had two people
complain that I was messing up their TV reception. I asked them to come to
the back yard and see this was only a tower.

Then three weeks later I put the TA-33, 5 element 6m beam and a 2 meter
vertical on top. The feed lines were tucked up under the deck and never got
close to the inside of the house. Again a couple of people complained about
my station interfering with their TV.  Once again I invited them to the back
yard to see the cables were not inside the house and there we no connectors
on them.

A few weeks later I ran the cables in the house and put connectors on and
operated for probably 16 years before we moved with no complaints. We moved
to the country and when I put up my new 55 foot crank up tower I did the
exact same process. 15 years later I still have not had a complaint except
from my wife when I wipe out the satellite TV.  :)   Good luck on your
antenna project.

73 Larry WA9VRH