[AMRadio] Audio Warble?

Bow kd5kzn at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 13 05:09:57 EDT 2007

OK.. I was playing around with my Icom IC-718 and the audio setup that I
normally run for SSB.

I was playing around with AM, because I have never used it for AM before,
and recording the audio, because someone on an internet forum actually said
the outboard processing is a waste on AM... (HUH?!?!?)

Any way, I noticed this warble in the audio... Anyone have an idea of what
it is?
I'm running:

MXL V57M Condenser Mic
Behringer VX2000 Mic Preamp
Behringer PEQ-2200 5 Band Parametric EQ
Behringer EX-3200 Ultrafex Pro
Alesis Compressor
Behringer Mixer
Then to the transmitter.

The audio is injected through the ACC jack in the rear of the radio.

>From just the Mic and Transmitter to the full rack, turned on one-by-one

http://www.riley-music.com/BowsStuff/BlackFace/718AMRackSample.mp3

The power setting was on the lowest setting and I was transmitting into a
dummy load. The warble was also there on a low power on-Air check... But not
while using SSB mode.

Help?

Bow

W5EFR