[AMRadio] Can You Believe It? Johnson 500

zemanek at att.net zemanek at att.net
Sat Sep 15 17:42:00 EDT 2007

I paid more than that for one a few years ago on either this list or on a Collins list that had the Viking 500 along with Collins gear for sale from a ham.--I do not recall-  He had about 10 serious offers.  I had the first right to it--he was a real gentleman--I was in Afghanistan at the time and he gave preference to me. No pressure from him as it seemed very easy to sell at the time.   It was restored and I shipped it off to Howard Mills for final tweaking and to have some audio mods done.  Howard said thaey are rare and at times go for more than the desk kilowatt due to the scarcity of the 500 and that they are closer to legal limit AM then the desk.
73
Glenn Zemanek  kc2fzv