[AMRadio] Contactor

Geoff/W5OMR geoffw5omr at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 23:17:21 EDT 2007

--- Rick Brashear <rickbras at airmail.net> wrote:

> Well, the problem with an RC circuit is it applies
> to the start up as well as the release and I need
> instantaneous start up or maybe I'm thing wrong.

Depends on where in the circuit is needed.

I'm guessing that the 120v AC relay, that's active as
long as you're transmitting, is making the transmitter
come on, or go off.

Either way, a millisecond or two is about all you
need, and quite negligible.  Just make sure you have
enough capacitor to discharge the resulting spark of
Back EMF from the contacts, when the relay is
actuated.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR