[AMRadio] Can You Believe It? Johnson 500 / Collins 30K

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Sat Sep 15 23:24:04 EDT 2007

I had a 30K-1, SN9 and it was a good basic radio.
It needed some help making it sound its best and
run comfortably at 300 watts output, but was a good rig.
I paid $200.00 for it about 25 years ago and sold
it a few years ago for $2000.00 and a KWM2a.

I never had the matching exciter.

The 30K-1 has got to be one of the largest 300 watt
ham transmitters ever made....

Brett
N2DTS