[AMRadio] Contactor

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 11:27:00 EDT 2007

Donald Sanders wrote:
> Geoff, what did you use? a .01at 1600 volts across the contacts>

Honestly, Don, I never got around to fixing that.  I've been using the
plate switch on the front of the Viking II.

The PLAN was, to toggle the PTT line from a computer, that was operated
remotely via the internet.

It worked for a while but as I stated, the resulting back emf spark
across the contacts ate 'em up pretty quick.  In a matter of a few days,
as I recall.

That might be something to work on again, today.  I was looking for a
small'ish project to get into before I attend a social function this
afternoon at 3pm.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,