[AMRadio] Intermittent Filament

WE0H we0h at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 23:35:11 EDT 2007

Does the pins or socket contacts look like they got over heated? Any
solder dropped out of the pins? I have read about resoldering pins but
the plating eventually is gone so the solder won't stick. Even so too
much heat could compromise the pin to glass seal. If that is the case of
soldering, I would try silver soldering if you could get in there and do
it fast with a high wattage iron.

Just what I have read online, no experience personally. If indeed that
is the failure, make sure you run better cooling on the sockets when you
do repair it or replace both the sockets and tubes so the contact to the
pin is absolutely perfectly clean and super tight.

Mike
WE0H