[AMRadio] Receivers

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Tue Sep 18 21:45:09 EDT 2007

>what sort of receivers are in use in the AM community?

I have a lot of good receivers, but for easy AM operating I usually
reach for my Kenwood R-1000.  I also have an HQ-110 on the operating
desk, and I'm considering restoring my Collins 75A2 as a main receiver
as well.

I'm at my ancestral home this week, and I just loaded my old RBB navy
battleship receiver into the car to take home for possible use as the
mate to my Gates BC1T transmitter on 160m AM.  82 lbs without power
supply!  I've got to find a manual or at least a schematic, and build a
power supply for it.  I'm hoping that, as a prewar receiver, it won't
need a bunch of parts replaced.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/