[AMRadio] Receivers

Robert Nickels W9RAN at oneradio.net
Tue Sep 18 22:21:25 EDT 2007

sbjohnston at aol.com wrote:

> I'm at my ancestral home this week, and I just loaded my old RBB navy
> battleship receiver into the car to take home for possible use as the
> mate to my Gates BC1T transmitter on 160m AM.  82 lbs without power
> supply!  I've got to find a manual or at least a schematic, and build
> a power supply for it.  I'm hoping that, as a prewar receiver, it
> won't need a bunch of parts replaced.

Steve I'll bet your assumption will be proven correct.  I had an RBB
show up in my driveway one day years ago, and it's a fantastic
receiver.  Other than wiring around the unobtainium plug to a Lambda
regulated p/s I haven't touched it and the dial calibration is still
right on the money.  I'm sure as with any receiver of this vintage, it's
just luck.  I'll see what I have in the way of power supply wiring and
schematic.

I listen to AM on everything from S-38 to SDR, but my current favorite
AM receiver is an HRO-50R1.   Love that full range push-pull audio and
the PW dial.

73, Bob W9RAN