[AMRadio] Receivers

Jim Miller WB5OXQ in Waco wb5oxq at grandecom.net
Tue Sep 18 23:38:03 EDT 2007

When using a receiver and a transceiver as a transmitter how do you switch
the antenna off of the stand alone receiver when transmitting.  I used to
have a HQ180 that was a real good receiver with the transmitter section of a
ts 2000 but I could not share the antenna and when using a separate rx
antenna I was always afraid of burning out something in the receiver front
end.  I sold the hammarlund but I may buy a nc 300.  I don't know how these
receivers would compare.  The Hammarlund was real good.
wb5oxq