[AMRadio] Receivers

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 07:02:35 EDT 2007

Jim Miller WB5OXQ in Waco wrote:
> When using a receiver and a transceiver as a transmitter how do you
> switch the antenna off of the stand alone receiver when transmitting.
> I used to have a HQ180 that was a real good receiver with the
> transmitter section of a ts 2000 but I could not share the antenna and
> when using a separate rx antenna I was always afraid of burning out
> something in the receiver front end.

The TS-2000 has an aux. jack on the back, right?  There are some relay
contacts in there for keying an amplifier, right?   You could use those
relay contacts control some voltage for a T/R relay, I'm sure.

There's all kinds of ways of making that happen.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR