[AMRadio] Receivers

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 07:08:06 EDT 2007

EdwMullin at aol.com wrote:
> I use an R-390A for the station, a Halicrafters  S-85 for general listening
> that has fallen to disuse because I built a little  regen that performs better
> than the Hallicrafters...
>
> Odd, but from the  replies, it seems that not many people on the list home
> brew recievers, but a  lot home brew transmitters.
>
> Wonder why??

Brett/N2DTS has homebrewed his own receiver.  I've been there.  The
thing works, and sounds -great-!

John/WA5BXO homebrewed an asynchronous detector circuit in an Altoids
can and tied it to the I.F. output of his HQ-145.
Alas, it got washed away in the flood.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,