[AMRadio] Another BC-610 Question

James M. Walker chejmw at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Sep 19 09:13:32 EDT 2007

Grainger, Home Depot if you go to the Contractors counter, Richardson
Electronics
 on the web, or Mcmaster-Carr!

That's where I got mine and spares, for my BC-610(E&I). As for how I connect
it to AC I have a 30 Amp. line that runs to the operating position, where it
is
connected to a 0 - 130 VAC Variac @ 30 Amps, the output goes to the cable
with the Hubble connector that connects to the transmitter.

Query, did you check the wiring to your transformers, specifically the
filament
transformer for the 250TH? Adjustments to the front panel control (FIL) when
set at 5 VAC on the meter ensure that the AC input to the other AC
transformers
is correct. It is advisable to check where they are strapped to as in some
cases
folks have changed the settings on one or more of the AC inputs for whatever
reason. FWIW!
Jim
WB2FCN
"BC-610 I know it's portable, that's why it has four handles!"
http://eshop1.chem.buffalo.edu