[AMRadio] Another BC-610 Question

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 11:43:56 EDT 2007

Ed Sieb wrote:
> OK - for 120 Volts use, you need a  5-20R plug and receptacle.
> http://www.evenheat-kiln.com/technical/recept/recept.htm

That's not the plug or socket that goes on a BC-610, Ed.

The socket on the 610 is two, curved slots, one bigger than the other.

The plug has two curved pieces of metal, with a 'shoulder' on 'em, for 
locking into place.

Two conductor twist-lock.  that's the original. 

For grounding and safety sake, I'd use a 3-prong twist-lock socket and 
plug, typically used in 240v applications, like motor control cables for 
raising/lowering stage truss.

Hubble makes those, as well.

Driving your AM Rig without a scope, 
is like driving your car at night, without headlights. (K4KYV)

73 = Best Regards,

More information about the AMRadio mailing list

This page last updated 22 Jan 2018.