[AMRadio] Another BC-610 Question

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 12:17:44 EDT 2007

On 9/19/07, Geoff/W5OMR <ars.w5omr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Todd, KA1KAQ wrote:
> > But the transmitter requires a chassis mount connector, the recessed
> > kind with two little ears on either side allowing it to be screwed to
> > the chassis apron and (hopefully) existing holes. I found the a part
> > number that seemed to be about right 2-3 weeks back, but promptly lost
> > it.
> >

> I never saw one that had to be 'screwed on', Todd.  All the original
> 610's I've seen were twist-locks.

Yes, same with the newer, 3-pin versions. I'm referring to how the
connector actually mounts onto/into the read chassis apron though, not
how the power cable hooks to the rig. IIRC, it's the male connector,
the female being attached to the power cable itself. You need both
ends to hook it up, but finding the suitable substitute for mounting
to the radio itself is difficult. 2 screws hold the chassis connector
in place, but the female connector twists onto the male for hook up
purposes.

~ Todd