[AMRadio] Receivers

k0occ at comcast.net k0occ at comcast.net
Wed Sep 19 16:18:51 EDT 2007

Kim, this has been a fun thread. Thanks for starting it. Interesting to see what people are using. Also, interesting that almost everyone has several receivers. How different from the old days when you were lucky to have one.

Receiver line-up here:

75A-4 (my favorite) (great audio with 6KC filter & good speaker; don't know why it has a bad rep for AM audio)
51J-4
R-388
51S-1
75S-3 (Heathkit Q Multiplier makes this a great AM receiver)
HRO-5
NC-173
HQ-129X
HQ-120