[AMRadio] receiver survey

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 18:24:53 EDT 2007

Barrie Smith wrote:

>>> I still have a few nice AM receivers here.
>>>
>>> SX-73     Very, very nice
>>>

> I knew I should not have used "SX-73"!  That's what I call the receiver, but
> it is actually an R-274.

Do you know, or have you done the research on the SX-73 / R-274 to find
out what the A, B, C and D models represented?

As Todd pointed out, the R-274 was the nomenclature for 'a' receiver.
The SX-73 was one, and the SP-600 was the other.

As near as I have been able to figure out, the R-274-C/FRR was the
SP-600.  I've never seen an 'A', or 'B', and I -have- a D.  Unless
they're counting the non-designated models as 'A' models.

I'd simply like to find out more history on the contract.

> Mine has been completely restored by Miltronix, and holds it's own with an
> R-390 (also restored by Miltronix).

Bah... as long as the damn thing works, I really don't care -what- it
looks like!

I would *still* like to know where other SX-73 versions of the R-274's are.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR