[AMRadio] Are there commercial made amps that operate better for AM

John razorback_fan1999 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 22:25:19 EDT 2007

Before I get to my topic I just wanted to say that I
really enjoyed the Receiver subject the past few days.
I see old radio's here and there that I'm scared to
invest in because they may be a piece of junk or too
far gone to restore. I tried to make a list of some of
the receivers and transmitters listed the past few
days. I enjoy this group alot. I envy those of you
that have a good Elmer close by to enjoy
this aspect of amatuer radio with. Anyway on to my
question.  I heard that some of the commercially made
Amps don't do so hot for AM operation.  Are there some
that are made that are better than others for use on
AM and which ones to avoid. Any suggestions.

John /  W5HG
Lepanto, Arthis