[AMRadio] Are there commercial made amps that operate better for

k0occ at comcast.net k0occ at comcast.net
Fri Sep 21 00:10:56 EDT 2007

I've owned a bunch. IMHO, best overall, but a little pricey, is Alpha 76PA (three holer).

Best price performer - AL-80 (A or B). Good stiff power supply, almost 3 KV. Single 3-500Z - Readily available & not so expensive. Puts out 250 watts carrier with about 12 watts drive with no strain. Covers 160 thru 10. To go to amp capable of max legal limit for AM ( 375 watts carrier output), will only get you about 1.5 db over 250 watts output..

If you don't want 160, SB220 is great.

You are going to get a ton of opinions.

73

--