[AMRadio] Globe Scout 65A Question

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Fri Sep 21 16:06:23 EDT 2007

You're probably right, George, about the switch.  I do remember having a
tough time loading the Scout into an antenna, but it seems I remember it did
fine into the dummy load.  I think someone already suggested checking the
capacitors in the output circuit, so you've probably done that already.  I
wish I could be more help, but I just can't recall any more.  Good luck..
73,
Rick/K5IAR

There's actually two antenna inputs. One marked "doublets" and the other
marked "antenna".
It makes no difference which input I try, I get the same results. Except
when using the long wire.
Then I can get it to load  using either imput.
I think the switch your remembering is the one that selects outboard VFO
or xtal.
George KE4HJ