[AMRadio] New England Amateur Radio Festival (NEAR-Fest II) Events

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 11:49:11 EDT 2007

Some will recall that the long running (33 yrs) Hosstraders hamfest in
NH ended with the retirement of the crew in February of this year.
Thanks to Mike W1RC, who took the initial steps to reserve the
Deerfield Fairgrounds and then put together a great group of worker
bees, an event enjoyed for decades by many lives on.  Our first run in
May went exceedingly well, so we've moved forward by adding more
content to the October event.

For those who live close enough or will be traveling to attend, the
schedule of guest speakers and workshops has been posted. Briefly:

Friday October 12th

3:00 PM: "DXing 101" with Neil Kaltman, K6SMF

5:00 PM: The R-390A Receiver Workshop with George Rancourt, K1ANX

Saturday October 13th

9:00 AM: Military Communications and the ENIGMA during WWII with Dr.
Tom Perera, Ph.D,  W1TP

For a complete description:

http://near-fest.com/index.php?topic=170.0

We'll be adding the AM Dinner, jam session, gate, exam, and drawing
times to the schedule soon. Also detailed information on the AM Class
E and classic AM Vacuum Tube stations, AM Corral, and the Military
Radio and Vehicle gang.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ

http://near-fest.com/