[AMRadio] New England Amateur Radio Festival (NEAR-Fest II)

Bob Peters rwpeters at swbell.net
Tue Sep 25 11:52:28 EDT 2007

When in October Todd???

W1PE

-----Original Message-----
From: amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net
[mailto:amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Todd, KA1KAQ
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 10:49 AM
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Cc: W1RC at near-fest.com
Subject: [AMRadio] New England Amateur Radio Festival (NEAR-Fest II)
EventsSchedule

Some will recall that the long running (33 yrs) Hosstraders hamfest in
NH ended with the retirement of the crew in February of this year.
Thanks to Mike W1RC, who took the initial steps to reserve the Deerfield
Fairgrounds and then put together a great group of worker bees, an event
enjoyed for decades by many lives on.  Our first run in May went
exceedingly well, so we've moved forward by adding more content to the
October event.

For those who live close enough or will be traveling to attend, the
schedule of guest speakers and workshops has been posted. Briefly:

Friday October 12th

3:00 PM: "DXing 101" with Neil Kaltman, K6SMF

5:00 PM: The R-390A Receiver Workshop with George Rancourt, K1ANX

Saturday October 13th

9:00 AM: Military Communications and the ENIGMA during WWII with Dr. Tom
Perera, Ph.D,  W1TP

For a complete description:

http://near-fest.com/index.php?topic=170.0

We'll be adding the AM Dinner, jam session, gate, exam, and drawing
times to the schedule soon. Also detailed information on the AM Class E
and classic AM Vacuum Tube stations, AM Corral, and the Military Radio
and Vehicle gang.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ

http://near-fest.com/