[AMRadio] Puzzled AGAIN!

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Wed Sep 26 12:50:34 EDT 2007

Okay guys... Set me straight..

I have a small 300 volt ac supply with a full wave solid state bridge setup.
One leg of the bridge is at chassis level.  I also have a 6.3 vac filament
transformer that is independent of the hv transformer.  I need to ground one
side of the 6.3 vac to accommodate the circuit in which the supply will be
used.  The B+ is on the money, but the filament voltage drops to almost
zero.  I tried reversing the leads on the secondary of the filament tranny,
but got the same result.  I feel I am overlooking a very simply problem that
I should know, but my mind won't spit it out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rick/K5IAR