[AMRadio] Ham Radio on TV show The Unit

John Dilks K2TQN oldradio at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 27 05:51:31 EDT 2007

Tuesday night: The Unit had several ham radios and operators in use
in the show.    The only brand of radio I remember was a Heathkit
90-w Novice transceiver. There were others.

The beginning was the star sending CW with a microphone, followed by
a relay to another who was using a code book to look up each letter
as it came in.  :-} Then another used a nice bug to send the
information on.  The whole operation was less than a minute with
cutting back and forth from radio to operators.

The Simpsons (below) also had another TV show with ham
radio.  Marge's sisters (the ones who smoke and have husky voices)
are hams.  It was a funny episode where they were looking for a new
boyfriend via radio, as I recall.

73, John Dilks, K2TQN