[AMRadio] New plate tuning cap...

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 17:22:58 EDT 2007

WE0H wrote:
> http://www.we0h.us/tmp/Big-Cap/
>
> Look at this monster that showed up today. Way larger than I guessed
> from the seller's pictures. 201pf max, 65pf min. 4 mega huge brush
> contacts. Turns oh so smooth. My little finger fits between the plates
> with the cap fully meshed.
>
> What the heck did it come out of? Anyone have a guess on the voltage
> or current rating? No manufacturer stamped on it...

Current rating?  Air cap?  I think it's purely an AC voltage thing ;-)

Perhaps it came from a Broadcast rig.  I've got a couple of caps around,
that are -nearly- that big.  I sold one a little bigger than that to
Sammy/W5DPP a couple of years ago.

You do know, Mike, that this cap you're looking at is a split-stator,
right?

I wonder what the max/min value the smaller section is?

I might have something to go along with that big cap ...

http://www.surefireammo.com/rollinduct9.jpg

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,