[AMRadio] New plate tuning cap...

WE0H we0h at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 02:17:48 EDT 2007

Ah yes, I remember watching that inductor auction. I don't even remember
how I stumbled upon that cap. Didn't think it was that big in the pics
so I bid on it. Now I find out many guys have those. Must be some
broadcast transmitter parts. I think I'll use it as the variable part of
a series resonated transformer coupled transmitting loop on 600 meters.
It looks like it will handle 50a of current. I need a 50a rating to run
a kilowatt with a 63' dia loop.
What are you gonna use the big inductor for? It looks like it is
basically the size of this cap. Monster roller!!! hi hi...

Mike
WE0H