[AMRadio] New plate tuning cap...

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 06:31:16 EDT 2007

WE0H wrote:
> Ah yes, I remember watching that inductor auction. I don't even
> remember how I stumbled upon that cap. Didn't think it was that big in
> the pics so I bid on it. Now I find out many guys have those. Must be
> some broadcast transmitter parts. I think I'll use it as the variable
> part of a series resonated transformer coupled transmitting loop on
> 600 meters. It looks like it will handle 50a of current. I need a 50a
> rating to run a kilowatt with a 63' dia loop.
> What are you gonna use the big inductor for? It looks like it is
> basically the size of this cap. Monster roller!!! hi hi...

Monster Roller, Monster Cap.  Sounds like they belong together ;-)

Inductor is gonna be for the home-brew 4-400 rig I'm building.  Or,
should I say... 'fo'-fo'hunnert'!

I iknow someone who picked up a whole -box- of 'em at Dayton...

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR