[AMRadio] Re: 40m tonight

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 23:01:22 EDT 2007

Ellen Rugowski wrote:
> I'm going to be late to the party.  I ended up forgetting about this one,
> and making a sked with K9ACT on 3710.  I'll try to jump in later on if it's
> still going on.
>
> Ellen - AF9J

Well, it wasn't a complete bust, for me.

While I never heard any of -you- guys (Todd, Larry, Ellen, Bian), I
-did- get to work Dave/W9AD from near Chicago (strong - but
disappeared.  He mentioned something about getting some sleep before the
hamfest in his area in the morning.)  I did get a 20/9 report from Dave
on his Flex radio.  After that, I heard Bill/W8VYZ calling CQ from
Ashtabula, OH.  Bill didn't come back to my calls to him, but Ralph/W3GL
did, there in Newcastle, Delaware.  Cool!  There's hope of working New
Hampshire and VT!  Alas, never heard you guys, and Ralph faded out into
the noise, then Bill was back up to strong again, and he and I worked
for a good 30mins or so... even had a breaker - KF6RNT/Terry from near
LA, but he didn't come back when we turned it to him.

So, there is your 40m report, from San Antonio, TX.  I heard a couple of
other unidentifiable carriers in there, and heard audio on one, but he
was doubling with Bill, so never heard that.  I -thought- I heard
someone say "..Os*bzzt*r Mike Ro*crah*o"... that's how the noise was,
here.  When the signals were there, it was good, but the band conditions
were very 'dynamic'.

Change happens.

Maybe tomorrow night, 40m will be better and we can get a round table going.

7.290 is now void of a Broadcast station, and the frequency is pretty
much clear.

I just signed out about 7 mins ago, and pulled the big switch.

Good night Mr. and Mrs Ship, and all the Americans at sea...

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR