[AMRadio] Re: 40m tonight

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 10:16:29 EDT 2007

Ellen Rugowski wrote:
> [...]

Take pictures!  I've never seen an Aurora well enough to know that it
was, indeed, an aurora.  We did see some 'slightly' tinged colored faint
lights one time, as far south as the Gulf Coast... but not having grown
up with them, or knowing what to look for, it was kinda like..."is that
it?"  "No, that's an airplane, silly..."  ;-)

> In spite of conditions, I think I'm going to QSY to 7290 now, and give it a go there.

I'll connect up the TS-520 and see if I can get my bug to play nice with
it.  Maybe tune the 75m loop up on 20m, for some CX exchanges.

7290 is useless in 5-land, till after the 7290 Traffic net has ended and
all the draggers on clear the frequency.

> Well, I'd better go fire up the scout on 7290.  Hope you're feeling better.

Eh.. I'll live.  But, thanks for the kind words.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR