[AMRadio] Contest signal reports

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Sun Sep 30 10:51:23 EDT 2007

I am not a quarmtester, but sometimes I will work a few stations,
particularly in daylight hours during a 160m cw qrmtest.  The challenge is
to see what kind of signal might make it across unusual distances during the
day, and I don't bother to keep score and usually not even a log.

But I always give honest signal reports.  To me, this business of
automatically giving everyone a 599 report is ridiculous, and defeats the
whole purpose.  IMO, an operator who has to ask for several repeats to get
the essential information, and then gives a 599 report is a LID!

And the same goes for the automatic "five-nines" on  slopbucket.  If they
want my contact, they will have to tolerate my carrier and a real signal
report.

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/