[AMRadio] Contest signal reports

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Sun Sep 30 11:48:25 EDT 2007

I can understand that, Ed and I guess that's why contesting is not for me.
I know a lot of people enjoy it and I'm glad they get the most from the
hobby, that's what it's all about.

73,
Rick/K5IAR

Hi Rick,

Not to belabour the point, but a serious contestor just has no time for the
proverbial "...old buzzard" transmission typical of AM operations...besides,
he's just plain, NOT interested: he wants to maximize his QSO total, & final
score. Period.

He KNOWS he sounds good, when he's racked-up a big pile of QSOs at the end
of the contest...

Love it, or leave it, but that's just the nature of the beast, & a fact of
life.

There's still plenty of room (and time) for all modes & interests, though,
and that's one of the appealing things about Amateur Radio, IMHO...it's like
television: if you don't like what you see, flip the channel. If you're
STILL dis-satisfied, simply hit the "off" switch, & do something
else...right?

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ