[AMRadio] Contest signal reports

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 13:35:36 EDT 2007

Rick Brashear wrote:
> Bravo, Don!  When I ask for a signal report I want honesty.  How else will
> we know how we sound?  If I have a hum, click, chirp or anything else I want
> to know about it.  Unfortunately, I have peeved more than one contact by
> giving honest reports.  If they don't want to know the truth, they shouldn't
> ask me.  I think it's a courtesy to our fellow operators to be honest.

Sometimes that don't work, though.  When stations 10kc and 500miles away
are interferring with my conversation and I say something about, I'm
told that my receiver is junk and that I need better equipment.

uh... yeah - ok.  When the offending station is with the 3.5kc
selectivity of my receiver, from 10kc away, I somehow don't think it's
-my- equipment that needs to be looked at.

Speaking of which;

attn: Bob Peters/W1PE... you might tell Mason he was that broad this
morning.  I'm sure it was just a function of of tooooooo much audio to
the negative, cutting off the carrier, and splattering up and down the band.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR