[AMRadio] Westinghouse Test Meter Unit Type TCT

BSugarberg bsugarberg at core.com
Sat Apr 12 04:43:42 EDT 2008

Hello Chuck,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have asked this question on 3 different groups, and yours is the
first, and only, reply I have ever received.

73, Bruce WA8TNC
Chuck Kembring wrote:
> Hello Bruce...
> 	I believe the panel you describe is from an Electric Utility Company's
> transmission sub-station carrier current test panel.
> 	They frequently transmit carrier current across the high tension lines to
> control devices at a remote location and transmit voice and telemetry data.
> This is just a simple vom and RF milliamp meter you describe.
> 	It slips into a bracket usually near the top of a 19" rack. You generally
> have a couple of these at the site and you can move them from rack to rack
> as you test and calibrate the carrier units associated with each power line.
> 	I hope this answers your question. Sorry it's not about some neat piece of
> rare radio gear but it is still RF...
> 73,
> Chuck WB3LGG
> Cochranville, Pa.

More information about the AMRadio mailing list

This page last updated 19 Jan 2018.