[AMRadio] Carrier Current Transmission (was Westinghouse

Bob Peters rwpeters at swbell.net
Sat Apr 12 20:12:44 EDT 2008

We had a Cxr Current Radio Station at the boys camp in Maine were I was
the Ham Radio Counseler. We ran radio shows 4 times a day for the
boys... This was a very wealthy Jewish Boys Camp where all the kids came
from NYC...

Then I went to College in Pa and I will be darned there was a Cxr
Current station there as well. So it was used very heavily in the 50's
and sixty's. Just a small xmtr on each circuit. As you understand it did
not radiate more then about 20 feet from the power line and a circuit
breaker would stop it...

Bob W1PE