[AMRadio] Coil for PP grid circuit

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Wed Apr 16 16:21:55 EDT 2008

Thanks to all for the information on the capacitor.

Now I have another question.  I know that the manufactured coils of ancient
times were rated as to watts.  I have a few old coils that I know the
ratings of, or they are stamped on the coil.

There are some that I don't know the ratings of, such as the JVL 80, which
is rather large diameter, on a five pin base, and the JVC 80, which is
smaller diameter, and also on a five pin base.

This rig I'm gathering parts for could need 75, or more, watts drive.  Would
either of the above coils work in the grid circuit, given that much drive?

The next size up, I think, is the JVB?   How many watts will it handle?

73, Barrie, W7ALW