[AMRadio] Anonymous QST Author suggests that Part 97 requires

WB3AWJ wb3awj at comcast.net
Fri Apr 18 08:06:01 EDT 2008

I wonder if the writer of the original considered this "usual approach" of
300-2.7 Kc  most likely came about from the practice of using the same
filter to select the sideband in the exciter and defining the IF bandwidth
of the receiver.

Rather than on any real spectrum efficiency considerations.

As the the 30 Kc wide AM signals.... probably another case of the relatively
poor design of the "modern" receiver.
I'll keep using my good old Collins receivers.....

WB3AWJ
Robert A. Poff
Loganville, PA.

S/V Loon
1983 Hunter 34
Havre de Grace, MD

"Lieutenant, target the offending power boat and launch photon torpedoes"