[AMRadio] Re: Getting on the Air - May 2008 QST

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 10:53:22 EDT 2008

I find it hurtful to the hobby to undercut someone's
potential interest in learning how to work on their
own gear, yet that's what this article seems to do.

Earlier on this reflector, we saw some anonymous
League person's pronouncement about the footprint a
wholesome AM signal "should" occupy. The judgment of
that person was not established through experience or
a reference to someone who has such experience.

Both of these examples should help convince people not
to look to the ARRL to represent our part of the
hobby. They don't get it, and/or deliberately go out
of their way to cast us negatively.

--Paul/VJB