[AMRadio] Getting on the Air - May 2008 QST

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Mon Apr 21 17:22:11 EDT 2008

While this subject is interesting, and I agree with most of what is being
said, let's not forget that there are "appliance operators" on AM, as well.

I've run into them, and so have you.  The most extreme example I can
remember was a California station that had big, big bucks equipment, but had
to have another (paid) ham come over to change frequency and tune-up.

I think it would be great if some of the technical questions that are asked
on this reflector got as much response as the political topics.

73, Barrie, W7ALW