[AMRadio] Re: Getting on the Air - May 2008 QST

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 19:00:52 EDT 2008

There's a difference in articles published in the
club's magazine, QST, when they're written by
subscribers compared to articles that are written by
club staff at the ARRL.

The difference is that the articles carrying a staff
byline represent official League policy to some
degree. All other views are those of outsiders --
those outside the political environment in Newington.

So, regardless of the $65/page the club magazine might
pay for outside freelance articles about AM, vintage
gear, homebrewing, or the category we favor here on
this reflector, the value of that story does not carry
the same weight as the implied endorsement reflected
in an article on AM presented by a League staffer.

That's just the way it is. And it's why you won't see
anything positive written by them, about AM. It's not
their prevailing mood to accommodate us. Ask me if you
need detailed proof.

--Paul/VJB