[AMRadio] "My ARRL, Right or Wrong...!!!"

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Thu Apr 24 13:45:45 EDT 2008

And, after all these years, he's still the Director. Majority of the
voting members in your Division must still like his representation.

The in depth technical minutia was all moved over to QEX back in the
80's. No reason to keep it in QST.

Pick up a 50's QST and count the monthly ads. Pick up a current QST and
count the ads. Most likely, you'll find that given the total number of
magazine pages in each one, there will be a higher  percentage of ads per
month in the 50's mag. Ads generate revenue to keep the business in the
black. Books sales generate revenue to keep the business in the black.
They have very few other options to generate revenue. Membership dues
helps, but it's noise in comparison to the other revenue generators.

Personally, I believe they've demonstrated support for all modes and
interests as best as one can given all the modes and interests that
prevail within the amateur radio fraternity. Backing away, i.e. let some
other member put the "fire of enlightenment" upon them, and then I might
return, is not the answer. But, it's an easy way to save $39 a year.

Pete, wa2cwa
http://www.manualman.com