[AMRadio] "My ARRL, Right or Wrong...!!!"

Nick England nick at 3rdtech.com
Thu Apr 24 14:42:15 EDT 2008

OK - just for the heck of it, try an experiment...won't cost you anything
but a few seconds of your time. Instead of walking past the ARRL table at
the next hamfest, make a point of saying something like - "I sure wish the
ARRL supported homebrewing and AM operation." Don't argue, don't get drawn
into a discussion, just make your statement and walk away. And get every
single one of your buddies at the hamfest to do the same thing.

With apologies to Arlo Guthrie:
You know, if one person, just one person says it they may think he's really
sick and they won't listen to him.  And if two people, two people say it, in
harmony, they may think they're both AM'ers and they won't listen to either
of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking by
saying "Please support homebrewing and AM" and walking away. They may think
it's an organization.  And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I
said fifty people a day walking by saying "support homebrewing and AM" and
walking away.  And friends they may think it's a movement. And that's what
it is, the AMRadio movement, and all you gotta do to join is to say "support
homebrewing and AM" the next time you see an ARRL guy.
cheers,
Nick KD4CPL