[AMRadio] ARRL classifieds kaput

Bob Bruno - K2KI k2ki at starc.org
Thu Apr 24 14:48:22 EDT 2008

Ok. I'm confused...

/"Despite our efforts to monitor the site regularly, these problems
persist. These have included postings for guns and 'personal' ads. Our
staff that administers this service has deleted items and notified the
'poster,' only to find the ad back two days later, placed in every
category. We are spending a disproportionate amount of staff time
dealing with this matter; it is no longer worth the cost of maintaining
the service when other online services have been established to handle
the specific need for online person-to-person sales."

/WTF??? Has any of you seen these type of ads in any of the other online
forsale/swap reflectors? I haven't and I subscribe to a number of them.
Here are just a few.

AMSwap
Forsale/Swap
Ham4Sale
Freebay (Not really ham)

Plus all of the "specific" reflectors which have "For Sale" ads at times.

These reflectors are maintained by one or two persons FOR FREE and they
don't seem to have any problems with this kind of posting. And if they
do see them, they are handling them and they are not closing the
reflectors down as a result. And the league had a "staff that
administers" the service?

Pure Bull-Crap!!! GROW UP ARRL!!!

73...
Bob de k2ki